Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tyler's First Birthday (Party)

Tyler is one! In some ways it doesn't seem possible that Tyler is already a year old, but in many ways, it does. He is one silly, wild little boy, and really always has been. He has always been a very happy baby, always alert and eager to make people laugh. I often say I feel as if I have the future class clown on my hands. He is also very stubborn, strong willed if you want to put a positive spin on it. He is very physically active and once again, has been from the beginning. He brings so much joy, laughter, smiles, and happiness to our little family and we are grateful to have him.

I had a small birthday party for Tyler. We invited a few our (and Tyler's) closest friends. I wanted to do a Shakira themed cake but wasn't able to pull it off in time so I had to settle for playing her cd at his party. Ever since he was a few weeks old, he has loved Shakira's cd, "Laundry Service". The first song, "Objection", grabs his attention and makes him stop crying. The second song, "Underneath Your Clothes", makes him fall asleep. It is awesome.Well, can be awesome.  When we do long drives, such as the one from California to Colorado, we listen to the cd on repeat. Seventeen hours of Shakria can get a bit old after awhile, but not as old as a crying baby so I guess I really shouldn't complain.

The morning of his party. He was almost a little gentleman.... 
Almost. Just couldn't quite gets pants on to make him a full gentleman. 


Last minute decorations. Turned out pretty cute I think. 



We woke him up from his nap. He was very confused to have everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to him. 





 


I was pretty surprised he didn't dig into his cake. But, he was really confused by singing.... 

Thanks Quintin for the last few pictures. They are great. 

Who me?


The Wheats

The Rupps 

The Brimhalls

The Reed/Ahtays
The Parents
We decided to walk to Costco and get pizza and make a night of it. Margaret's plane was delayed so there was time to kill.
 Nothin' like a bunch of crazies roamin' the streets.

Ana told me about an app that can do fun things to your photos. 

Uh, do I know you? 

Tyler cried when Rex left. It was cute and sad at the same time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment