Monday, August 24, 2020

Party Planning Here I Come!

I've always loved party planning and this past year I've been able to throw a few and become better and better at it. I am grateful for all the help and knowledge I've received from friends and look forward to continuing to develop this talent! I'm also grateful for Jeff working hard so I can purchase some staple party decor. The next few posts will be a few from the last year. 


Cami White Bridal Shower (August 2020)





Don't mind the wrinkled table runner. I tried to wash the burlap and obviously it didn't work! 







 

Funny but not funny story. I knew I wanted to do smaller bread/muffins so I finally splurged and bought two mini muffin pans. I knew there was going to be a lot of people (50) so when it came down to baking the breads I thought it would be faster to just bake them in a cake pan and just cut them in squares and place them on platters. Well, because I had previously overcooked my last few muffin sets I cooked them less this time around so they were slightly underdone. They were not super underdone, just not done well enough to be placed nicely on a platter. So, I ended up having to buy a bunch of regular sized muffin cups and placing all the bread squares in those. So dumb and so much work! It would have been faster to do the work up front with the mini muffin pans! I told the mother of the bride and groom that if people didn't eat these muffins I was going to stuff them in peoples' mouths because I didn't want to end up with a lot of leftovers. Luckily I only ended up with a pan and a half so I dropped them off at a neighbor's. I did different colored muffin cups for the different muffin flavors. Not sure if anyone even noticed. Ahh the things I'm learning. Haha. 

Also, when I was talking pictures of the muffins to show my friends Brent was nearby and thought I was taking pictures of him so he kept saying "cheese!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment