Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day One

    I've done it- I've become a "blogger".  I never thought this day would come, but sure enough, here it is.  Honestly, I've always thought blogging was stupid. I figured if everyone had a blog we would never have time to read them all, but after visiting my friend Ashley's blog, I realized it was more than just "telling everyone what you're doing" (although I suppose that is what mine will be).  It seems to be therapeutic, digital version of journal writing. I do feel guilty though, I feel like I'm cheating on my journal with this blog. Who knows how long I'll have it or how often I'll write, but I am still happy to have one for the moment.  I'll make this entry fairly short since it's my first one.  I'll close with a list of things I've learned since I've moved to Philadelphia in August. 
- Annalisa
Ps. Pattie, does this mean I'm not a Luddite anymore?   



                                    10 Things I've learned in Philadelphia

10. I enjoy cooking. Well, I enjoy good food so I've learned to enjoy cooking. 
9. Honks don't mean anything.
8. Philly cheesesteaks are disgusting and greasy. Eat one and you'll smell like it for days!
7. I miss my friends and family more than I could have ever imagined.
6. I actually miss tv.
5. Don't throw "pre-made" snow balls aka ice. They're definitely not the same thing. Sorry Jeff.
4. I am extremely grateful for technology which allows me to keep in contact with everyone.
3. Cookies are a lot harder to make then they seem.
2. Don't park in front of a driveway... you'll get towed.
1. If a fire fighter is axing down your door... let him in.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I was always the same way you were and never thought I'd start a blog. However, I am not good at keeping a journal, so a blog is a good way to scrapbook/journal at the same time. You should check out my blog...jeffandnicolebinder.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially loved numbers 9, 8, and 5. And what's the story with number 1?

    I've found the hardest part about blogging is keeping up and doing it consistently (Mike and I are still getting caught up on ours--only a year of our life left to go!).

    I miss you!

    Kaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Welcome to the blogging world...I'm excited you decided to join in :) I agree on the cheese steaks (SICK)...Keep it up it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ace!! I need to talk to you sometime. I love you and miss you. Our blog address is andyandmandy08.blogspot.com. You should find ours too. Love you loads and miss you tons!!! We should Skype sometime....my laptop has a camera in it, so we should totally do it. Love ya! Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annalisa!!!!! I officially let you renounce the title of Luddite. Judy came in and told me about the e-mail at work yesterday and that was the first thing out of my mouth something like "I guess she's not so much of a Luddite anymore". She told me about the PS. Yeah!!! I shall forever live in history as being mentioned in your first blog. What's next? Facebook? (Randy's latest favorite quote is, "When I was your age Face-Book was an act of violence!")

    I hope you keep this up, it will be great to follow your adventures in Phillie. Of course I already printed this entry out and posted it on the bulletin board.

    LOVE YOU, MISS YOU!!!!

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear, sweet, beautiful, smart granddaughter.

    You are such as awesome (and funny) writer! The pix are hysterical (the doggies couldn't figure out why I was laughing so hard; I think they thought I was having a heart attack).

    ALWAYS use butter!!! The taste is so much better than any other shortening. Yum, I could eat butter by the spoonful.

    Really, Ace, don't you think it's about time you got over your arson urges?

    I miss you so much and am sending blove and blugs to you, Jeff, and Stuart (blog love and hugs [new words I just made up]). You GO, girl!

    GMa

    ReplyDelete