Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fond Memories

The Good Old CPRx Days
Hey Dummy
            I don't know why, but for some reason or another, I thought about this tonight. I explained it to Jeff and he laughed, but I think this is one of those "you have to be there" moments to truly enjoy it. Not that any of you were there, but I was and for some reason, just writing about it makes me laugh.
            One day I was working and my co-worker said something to me. I can't remember what it was, I vaguely remember it had to do with last names on charts or walking to the back and doing something, whatever the suggestion was I thought it was dumb.  Or maybe I felt he made me look dumb. Anyways, I had that on my mind when my other co-worker Nina came up to me to ask me a question and the first thing out of my mouth, right as she was approaching me was "Hey Dummy!" I don't know who was more shocked, her, me, or the patient next to us. I couldn't believe it! I DID NOT mean to call her that. I think it was because I had my other co-worker's "dumb" suggestion on my mind and so I accidently called Nina a dummy. She said, "What did you just call me?" I said, "I didn't mean it!! I promise!" She said, "Uh huh, why don't you tell me how you really feel?"  I said, “No, I really didn’t mean it, I promise! I’m serious!” To make things worse is that I couldn't help but laughing because I was so shocked, so there I was, calling people dummy and laughing about it. Oh man, did I hear about it for the rest of the day. Anytime someone asked Nina to do something she would say, "I don't know, I'm just a big dummy" or "I don't know, why don’t you ask Annalisa if I'm smart enough to do that." It made for some good laughs and an even better memory.

Here's to you Nina...


Little Mermaid
We had this patient who was about 6'5, big, strong, tough, and in the military.  I had never worked with him but to be honest, was a little intimidated to.  One day we were near the theraband bar and he was doing the caterpillar stretch(where you walk your hands out in front of you, kind of like a push up position, and then walk you legs up toward your chest, killer stretch fyi). Well, he was working with another trainer named Hudson. As the patient came towards Hudson and me I noticed Hudson was staring at his legs. This man had tattoos on his legs, and not just any tattoos, he had huge, shirtless mermaid tattoos. It was kind of funny because he didn't seem like the tattoos type (whatever that means to us individually). Hudson asked, "What's that?" I assumed Hudson to be starting at this man's tattoos and answered d "I think it's a mermaid..." trying not to seem like I was staring at his tattoos as well (which I totally was). The man stopped his stretch, looked up at me, and so did Hudson.  Hudson looked at me and said, "No, I meant the stretch."   Whoops!
Ps. Afterwards I was able to work with him and found him to be very nice.

1 comment:

  1. You ALWAYS make me laugh. And I think I hear the bulletin board at CPRx calling out for this post to be printed. I just LOVE you Annalisa. You big Dummy!

    ReplyDelete