Thursday, February 10, 2011

I See Death

Ok, despite peoples' horror, I went to the Temple dental school to have my teeth looked at (I thought I had a cavity). No, it did not take forever and yes, they know what they are doing. Everything was going well, I was being helped by a third year from our ward named Glen Green.  Before the students can begin working on their patient's teeth, they have to have to have a professor approve of everything first.  So, Glen called over Dr. Jackson.  They were looking at my health history page.  Then I heard a quiet, but very clear "I see death" from Dr. Jackson.  What?! I'm dying!?  What a way to tell me! Then Glen says, "What? I didn't do that bad on the chart" to which Dr. Jackson mumbles something.  What? What did you say Dr. Jackson? I couldn't hear you! Speak up! As soon as she leaves I asked, "Am I dying?!"  He said, "What? Oh, no."  He said, "I thought she was saying my work was so horrible that I was going to die." I asked, "Then what was she talking about?"  She was referring to her pen- that's right people, her pen.  Her pen was running out of ink aka "dying".  Really? Really? I wonder if you could think of something better to say than "I see death" as your reviewing someone's health history RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.  
Ps. I didn't have a cavity.

2 comments: