Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Bun in the Oven Baby Shower

 My friends Niki, Hillary, and I threw a group baby shower for four of our friends. Here are some pictures.


Niki came up with the streamer pattern. We realized we both weren't super great at putting streamers up, but in the end, I think we conquered.
Cinnamon rolls were our "buns in the oven."
I love the striped napkins Niki bought. Don't mind the random baby who snuck in the picture. Speaking of whom...
Tyler stole a cinnamon roll of the counter. I told him he could eat it if he stayed in the kitchen. He did not want to stay in the kitchen and kept trying to run out of it. My friend Heather put her leg up every time he tried to escape and that helped keep him contained. When Heather got into a conversation with another woman, I noticed Tyler was walking funny. He was facing me, had his hand behind his head, and was slowly walking backwards out of the kitchen. I thought it looked odd so I investigated. Sure enough, I look at the hand behind his head and there is a cinnamon roll!! He was trying to sneak out of the kitchen with it! I couldn't believe it, heck, I still can't! He wasn't happy when I took the cinnamon roll away from him.
Treats for the mommas. Also, don't you love Niki's backsplash? So cute.


Gave away a few bags of treats to some guests. We just drew names from a jar to find the winner. I was going to do the whole, "Guess who much ___ is in a jar" bit, but since that is always a gamble, I figured let's just save time and draw names.

Black and white photo display, or is it....
Funny story. So I asked all the mom's to bring a black and white family photo to display. Everyone complied with my wish except Lela. And here's why. She said that she changed the picture to black and white but you couldn't really see them after she did so, because they are black. So, she decided to just go with the colored one (no pun intended) and hope that that was ok with me. Haha. It was, it was definitely ok with me. What a funny thing, huh? 
Group photo.
Can you spot the difference?
Yay pregnant ladies!We love you! From left to right: Kirstin, Jill, Nadia, and Lela.

No comments:

Post a Comment