Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gratitude

I have felt very loved and blessed lately. Ever since Christy's birth, I have felt overwhelmed by the kindness of others!  Shortly after Christy's birth I looked down at my phone and saw a bunch of text messages from my friends here. They had heard that I was in labor and wanted to know how they could help. While I do not remember or even know of all the kind things people have done for me this past month, here are a few:
*Mallory was willing to take off work to be with me while I labored because she knew Jeff was out of town.
*Niki offered to take Tyler, even though she had a newborn herself
*Hillary did not feel well and still offered to take Tyler as well
*Lisa came to visit me in the hospital and brought me ice cream
*Ashley Gomez also came to visit me in the hospital and brought me a bag of  relaxing bath items
*Lou wanted to visit (but I was too tired) me in the hospital, once I was home he came over with a card and treats
*Brother Kelly made me a loaf of his delicious homemade bread and gave me a calendar
*Ginny, Hillary, and Stephanie made me meals
*Other friends offered to bring me meals but I did not need them
*Ashley Ensign, Hillary, Tammy, Tasha, and others offered to have Tyler over for play dates and I have taken them up a few times
*My Aunt Julee and her family have helped tremendously with Tyler, including having him spend the night a few times
*Pattie, Fanny and Tessa Garber, Tasha, and Tasha's mother in law, as well as others have given gifts since Christy's birth
*My mom was here for a week and we got a lot done, things I had wanted to get done for awhile
*Jeff's mom came for a week, she is so good with babies, I didn't want her to leave

The danger of naming specific people and acts is that I leave some off, and I am sure I have. But for me, the specifics that I can currently remember are so impressive that I wanted to name them.

To all who have supported me this past month, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment