Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pocahontas

Tyler reluctantly watched Disney's Pocahontas but immediately fell in love with it once he saw the battle scenes, fighting, and conflict between the settlers and Indians. No big shocker. I showed him the second Pocahontas but he doesn't like it as much because it doesn't have the same battle scenes. If ever I ask him if he wants to watch Pocahontas he clarifies first if it is the one with the fighting before he agrees to watch it. He loves the song "Savages". He is always singing with gusto "Savages, savages, barely even human!" The other day he told me he was pregnant with a "bad Meeko"....? He also told me that the Indians have hammers. I corrected him and said they were tomahawks. He said, "No, they have these things" and acted out a bow and arrow being shot. I told him that they did have those as well. He said the Indians were bad guys for trying to kill the other guys (settlers). Seems like he's on the wrong side of history here but I'll leave that lesson for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment